That's Stamps....like postage Stamps

My life as I see it, and sometimes how I would like to see it :)

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

One thing I love about Cornerstone

I am a pastors wife. In that one sentence lies several layers of feelings and issues. What do I know? What am I supposed to know? What can other people know that I know? That however is not the focus of this blog today. Cornerstone is much different than our other church, a small church in a small town where we lived in a fishbowl. And so here it is, my biggest pet peeve as a pastors wife, and also the thing I love most about where we are now. It really makes me mad when people get upset or mad, or unhappy with Ian or the church leadership as a whole, and suddenly that translates to being mad at me. It happens. A lot. But not here at Cornerstone. People here seem to have the uncanny ability to separate us. And I like it. Does the staff make decisions based on what is best for the church as a whole and not individuals? They have to. Does that make some people unhappy? Of course. But the wonderful people here dont take it out on me. And that makes me so happy. I love it here. My friends are my friends based on our relationship, not on their issues with the church. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jaime G. said...

really? there are "church" people like that? absurd. that would be like someone not liking me b/c Jon is in the military and has "been to war" (okay, well that's probably accurate).
gotta love us Christians - just a bunch of hypocrites.

i don't even think of oyu as a pastors wife. i sort of forget. but, i don't typically call Ian "my pastor" when talking about church or something, he's typically "our friend".
hmmmm. okay, my comment sounded much better in my head.
later friend.

January 13, 2010 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger jodie said...

Your last sentence cracked me up! I actually LOLed not just typed it!

January 13, 2010 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger annie said...

I know I'm late on this one..but I am with you! Also, I agree with Jaime. I always call you and Ian our friends first and have never referred to you as the "pastor's wife". (O:

January 21, 2010 at 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home